Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

T-Shirt Book Reports

I have spent the past few days looking at teaching blogs and I and I was inspired to start a blog because well, hey my ideas are Pinterest worthy... or at lest I think they are! So here goes nothing. My blog will be mostly pictures because lets be realistic, who wants to read long descriptions of activities? Not me! BUT feel free to message me if you want more detail because I most likely have a full lesson plan to go along with the activity :)

So here goes...

Today's activity: T-Shirt Book Reports! (I saw a similar idea on Pinterest)

This is my example for Ed Young's, Lon PoPo (Sorry I'm not a great artist :)

This is the front:


And this is the back:


This is how it works:

  • Students Pick a book and read it
  • They decorate a T-Shirt with a picture that encourages others to read the book but doesn't give away the ending
  • They make a billboard add for the book on the back of the t-shirt
  • Everyone wears their shirt to school!
I love this activity because it promotes choice, kids get really invested in their book and they get to share it with their classmates :)

Thats all for now
-Match Top

No comments:

Post a Comment